commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject PostgreSQL login
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:46:12 GMT
Mike,

I want to remotely connect to the PostgreSQL instance you installed on
our new server.
Can you give me the user name, pwd , the port if you did not use the
default, 5432, and the domain name or ip address to connect to.

I want to try to load the db with a data extract of our local db.  Will
I need root permission to do this?  I think not, usually all that is
needed is PostgreSQL admin permission but I'm not sure how Linux systems
work in this respect.

How do I remotely log in to the machine to run the script to load the db?

Sorry for all the beginner level questions, but the transition to Linux
will probably involve a lot of this handholding.

Thanks
-- bill

Wm.A.Stafford

The Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
Rutgers University
732-932-6555 x367
stafford@marine.rutgers.edu