commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] converting HTTP params into an arbitrary object model
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:53:20 GMT
Niall Pemberton on 25/02/09 10:54, wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> --- On Sat, 2/21/09, Adam Hardy wrote: The problem is that there are that
>>> many little details to check for, e.g. can it handle sets, can it deduce
>>> the javabean items on generics, can it handle indexed lists of ".0, .1,
>>> .2" notation etc
>>>
>> Morph is not generics-enabled; it can handle most of your basic non-generic
>> etc etc [snipped]
>
> Yeah its out-of-date
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dhsupb

Hi Niall,
were you skiing? that's the only valid excuse I'll accept for your tardy
response I'm afraid. Well ok i might let you off for anything involving
hospitalisation, death or taxes ;)

Is there any kind of roadmap for beanutils to bring in decent locale handling
and more refined converter mapping? (mapping a converter to a property, not just
a complete class)

I like beanutils - some people say it's got a (inter-)face only a mother could
love, but I think it's OK.

regards
Adam