commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] converting HTTP params into an arbitrary object model
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:19:05 GMT
Matt Benson on 23/02/09 16:23, wrote:
--- On Sat, 2/21/09, Adam Hardy wrote:

>> options available which facilitate converting an HTTP request's parameters
>> into an object model of javabeans in a JPA persistence framework.
>>

> You may want to check out Morph @ http://morph.sourceforge.net .  OOTB, it
> can "reflect" ServletRequest parameters as bean properties and do a straight
> copy, as long as the servlet API is found on the classpath.

I had a look at morph (following the link from the beanutils wiki) but their
website didn't really enlighten me and what I did find didn't look very helpful,
so I made a management decision not to pursue it.

The problem is that there are that many little details to check for, e.g. can it
handle sets, can it deduce the javabean items on generics, can it handle indexed
lists of ".0, .1, .2" notation etc

Regards
Adam