commons-user mailing list archives

From John Cartwright <John.C.Cartwri...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: [DBCP] re-establish severed connections
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:57:44 GMT
I've added the following to the configuration:

testWhileIdle="true"
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="300000"
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="600000"

with the intention that any idle connections would be evicted and closed
normally before the firewall terminated them.  Does specifying these
enable the evictor thread? Does this seem like a reasonable approach?

Thanks!

--john