commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DBCP] getting connection from the pool takes long time
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:45:09 GMT
Melih Utkan UNSAL wrote:
> Thanks Mark
>
> By the way, i made a mistake when i wrote the mail.
>
> my configuration is like that;
>
> config.minIdle = 10;
> config.maxIdle = 50;

OK - that makes sense.

> and PooledConnection.VALIDATEQUERY = "select col1 from table1"
"SELECT 1 FROM DUAL" might be a little quicker.

> However, i am anxious about enabling the evictor because it may cause performance problem.
Am i right?
It will depend on your settings. I would expect the following to be safe
for most systems:
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=60000 (1 mins)
numTestsPerEvictionRun=3
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=600000 (10 mins)

The only way you'll know for sure is to try it.

Mark