commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: Problems with HTML e-mail
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:46:24 GMT
Hi Charl,

commons-email-1.1 has some major problems regarding HTML email layout
but those problems were recently fixed (SVN trunk). Can you build the
stuff from SVN using M2?

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Charl Gerber wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Commons E-Mail 1.1.
>
> I am sending an e-mail as both HTML and TEXT, but mozilla thunderbird always shows the
text version with the html as an attachment.

> However, if I embed an image (only these lines are added!):
>
> String cid = email.embed(MailSender.LOGO_GIF_URL, "GolfCentralLogo");
> html = html.replaceFirst("@CID@",  cid);
>
> then thunderbird correctly shows the mail as HTML. I suspect in the embed method something
is done to the e-mail that I have to do myself in case I do not embed images. But what?