commons-user mailing list archives

From stanimir <>
Subject serialization of GenericKeyedObjectPool for sharing sessions in clustered tomcat
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 23:08:43 GMT

I`m having a problem with serialization of GenericKeyedObjectPool class
in commons pool,
because it doesn`t implements Serializable. I have a cluster with two
tomcats with same application and sharing
sessions between them, and when the delta request is trying to be
serialized, the exception is thrown

and I don`t know whether it`s a solution to make class
GenericKeyedObjectPool implements Serializable,
because after that (I think) maybe other class will throw such an
exception. And I have to implement Serializable
in all classes of spring, hibernate, apache commons... I`m confused.
If you have any ideas...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message