commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Mahnke <mah...@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Subject [collections] Map decorator for lists available?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:09:24 GMT
Hello,
I've got a quick question:
I've got a java.util.List of objects and want to add metadata about the
collection of objects to this list, the most suitable approach would be
something mimicking a  java.util.Map. Is the some sort of functionality
in Commons Collection to archive this?

I've thought about something like this:

List l = getListOfFileLikeObjects();
MapListChimera mlc = new MapListChimera(l);
mlc.put("owner", "system");

Background:
The objects in the list describe various characteristics of a file (eg.
local and remote file name). I want to add informations about the
complete set of files contained in the list, like size, owner etc.

Or am I on the wrong tracks?

Best,
Christian

--