commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JXPath - is JXPath dead in the water?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:54:23 GMT

--- Adrian Mitev <adrian.mitev@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Matt Benson
> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > --- Andrew Hughes <ahhughes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >> Is JXPath dead in the water? I can't find a post
> >> here in 2009 and very
> >> limited posts in 2008.
> >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >  JXPath is considered to be in "maintenance mode."
> > In general, this means that this component is
> > considered to be more or less "complete" and that
> for
> > the most part, changes to the code will target
> bugs.
> > Specifically with regard to JXPath, any new
> features
> > considered would address shortcomings with support
> for
> > the XPath 1.0 specification.  If you encounter
> issues
> > with JXPath feel free to post your questions to
> this
> > list; if you don't get an answer the first time
> just
> > keep pushing!  ;)
> >
> > HTH,
> > Matt
>
> Will XPath2 be supported in the near future?

Originally that was under consideration, but to be
honest everything I personally know about XPath (1.0)
I learned in the course of supporting JXPath, so as
JXPath's primary maintainer I presently don't consider
myself capable of making such an upgrade.  There is an
open JIRA issue for XPath 2.0 support:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JXPATH-67;
further if you or anyone else has ideas on this feel
free to start a discussion thread on
dev@commons.apache.org (the real convention on these
mailing lists is to preface your subject with the
component ID e.g. "[jxpath] XPath 2 support").  A nice
start might be a boiled-down list of the basic
differences between versions 1 and 2.

-Matt