commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons Net 2.0
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:29:25 GMT
On 25/02/2009, Meeraj Kunnumpurath <mkunnumpurath@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Does anyone use the above on OSX with Java 5. The code that was running with
>  1.4.1 version of the library seems to be failing with the following
>  exception,
>
>  Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unconnected sockets not implemented
>         at javax.net.SocketFactory.createSocket(SocketFactory.java:97)
>         at
>  org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:152)

I've seen the same error message in JMeter, when moving from Java 1.4 to 1.6.

That was due to a change in the way the Java uses socket factories.

It now uses createSocket() rather than any of the createSocket(...)
methods with parameters. Looks like this may be the problem here.

I suggest you create a JIRA issue for this.