commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Need help returning from substate
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:11:38 GMT
On 16/02/2009, Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil <Landon.Ouyang@itt.com> wrote:
> The link to the source: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/
>
>  appears broken.

The main SVN server is currently down. Possibly won't be back for 24 hours.

>  Any other suggestions of where to find example code??

The EU SVN mirror:

http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/

Unless the code is very recent, you should also find it in a source archve.

>  --
>  Landon Ouyang
>  Senior Design Engineer
>  ITT Electronics Systems, Radar Systems - Gilfillan
>  7821 Orion Ave,
>  Van Nuys, CA 91406
>  (818) 901-2982

machine.  Once the substate machine has finished I need it to return to the calling state.
>  >>
>  >> Question:  How can I get the substate machine to return to the calling state
without explicitly naming the calling state in the transition?
>  >>
>  > <snip/>
>  >
>  > Rather than returning to calling state, think about it as waiting for
>  > the .done event related to the src'ed in state machine. Then the
>  > troublesome transition moves from the src'ed in state machine to the
>  > <state> with the src attribute. In terms of your example ...
>  >
>  >
>  >> I have found bits and pieces in the archives and online but no good examples
or full explanations.
>  >> Any pointers to online documentation for this would also be helpful.  Thanks.
>  >>
>  >> Code:
>  >> I would like to return from the password.xml substate to the calling state
(SaveButton, ReloadButton, etc).  The tag <transition event="e_Done"        target="* Back
to Calling State* " /> specifies a specific state However, that state depends on the calling
state.  How do I get it to return to the calling state automatically?
> [...]
>  > to completion -->
>  > </state>
>  > <state id="ReloadButton" src="Password.xml" >
>  >    <transition event="e_Done"        target="SteadyState" />
>  >    <!-- Take a transition on ReloadButton.done when Password.xml runs
>  > to completion -->
>  > </state>
>  >
>  > This assumes that the state "ControlGranted" in the submachine below
>  > is changed to a final state (and is reached so the .done internal
>  > events are generated).
>  >
>  > There are a couple of test cases in the JUnit test suite that use this
>  > pattern, in case you want to look at a complete example.
>  >
>  > -Rahul
>  >
>  >
>  >>
>  >> Password.xml
>  >> <scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml"
>  >>       xmlns:my="http://www.ttt.com" version="1.0" initialstate="PasswordCheck">
>  >>    <state id="PasswordCheck" >
>  >>        <onentry>
>  >>            <my:StateLog/>
>  >>            <my:PasswordCheck/>
>  >>        </onentry>
>  >>        <transition event="e_Done"        target="SteadyState" />
>  >>        <transition event="e_validate"        target="PasswordValid" />
>  >>        <transition event="e_allow"        target="ControlGranted" />
>  >>    </state>
>  >>    <state id="PasswordValid" >
>  >>        <onentry>
>  >>            <my:StateLog/>
>  >>            <my:PasswordValid/>
>  >>        </onentry>
>  >>        <transition event="e_allow"        target="ControlGranted" />
>  >>        <transition event="e_Done"        target=" SteadyState " />
>  >>    </state>
>  >>    <state id="ControlGranted" >
>  >>        <onentry>
>  >>            <my:StateLog/>
>  >>            <my:ControlGranted/>
>  >>        </onentry>
>  >>        <transition event="e_Done"        target="* Back to Calling State*
" />
>  >>    </state>
>  >> </scxml>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> --
>  >> Landon Ouyang
>  >> Senior Design Engineer
>  >> ITT Electronics Systems, Radar Systems - Gilfillan
>  >> 7821 Orion Ave,
>  >> Van Nuys, CA 91406
>  >> (818) 901-2982
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>  >
>  >
>  > This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
>  > Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should
check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.