commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] SCXML on J2ME
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:31:04 GMT
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Javier Rodríguez Escolar
<javiescolar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking at [1], I was thinking about the possibility of running Commons
> SCXML on a J2ME environment. Has anyone tried to do it? My first idea would
> be to get it running on J2ME/CDC, although it would be great to do it on
> CLDC/MIDP. Any piece of advice would be appreciated.

<snip/>

I haven't done so myself.

However, it would indeed be nice and I'd be interested such that if
someone wanted to take this on at some point, we can create a branch
in SVN for folks to submit patches in an effort to chisel the Commons
SCXML codebase down to ME profiles. I suspect it would be much easier
to shed all dependencies in such an exercise. A recently added new
SCXML document parser [1] is closer in implementation to what one
would expect to find in terms of dealing directly with an ME SAX
parser, for instance. So porting that may be easier than porting the
earlier one (which uses Commons Digester).

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=737824