commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Using SCXML for a simulation
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:43:19 GMT
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Anna Södling <anna.sodling@passagen.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a thesis work where part of the work is that I'm supposed to
> be able to draw an UML statechart representing an application (like, for
> example, a CD-player) and then step/run through it, using some kind of
> "engine". I have already built the statechart editor (done in GMF for
> Eclipse, which was a demand from the employer), but now I need some way
> to 1) translate the UML-information to SCXML and 2) be able to run/step
> through the simulation. Is Commons SCXML a good solution for this? As
> far as I have understood, the engine-part is possible to do with Commons
> (although I haven't quite figured out how to do this yet), but how about
> the translation-part? And is it possible to use Commons together with a
> GMF-built editor? Does anyone have any experience doing this?
> I'm sorry if my questions seem a bit fuzzy. I can try to clarify them if
> needed, but for a start I just want to know if I'm at least on the right
> track here.

<snip/>

The questions aren't fuzzy at all actually. It is possible to do (1),
here is an example [A] where an appropriate Ecore model is transformed
into SCXML. You can look at using that or build a similar transform
for yourself from your model. And yes, Commons SCXML provides (2).

-Rahul

[A] http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/scxml