commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Digester 1.8 classloader issue when using tomcat
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 21:08:02 GMT
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM, rmenon <rmenon.us@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
> Can you please elaborate a bit more? My question is why should we reload the
> same classes multiple times for a jar file that is shared by multiple web
> apps?
<snip/>

Generally you want your apps to be self-contained. The servlet
specification talks about the web app and its directory structure,
shared stuff is often container specific (I did mention portability).

> Also, if I do not use digester, then this is not an issue - so what
> are people who use digester doing (apart from duplicating war files)?
<snap/>

I think you mean duplicating libraries in war files for different web
apps with similar application dependencies.

> I do
> not like the idea of duplicating same war files for each web app - so is
> there a good reason to do that (apart from being a workaround for problems
> with digester.)

<snap/>

I still think you mean adding the same jars to each WEB-INF/lib -- its
portable and its safe.

-Rahul