commons-user mailing list archives

From "Cyril Leitner" <cyril.leit...@gmail.com>
Subject problem loading file with commons vfs
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:39:47 GMT
Hello,

I got a pretty frustrating (and probably pretty basic) problem with loading
a local file using vfs :-)
- I am using the vfs library indirectly through the mondrian olap server
library (standalone, not on app server) which calls it to load some of its
configuration files
- vfs can't read the config file because it can't load a couple of internal
classes (DefaultLocalFileProvider, StandardFileSystemManager)
- this happens because of a NullPointerException when instantiating the the
StandardFileSystemManager (please see below for the exception stacktrace)

I checked:
- the uri for the config file should be allright (wrong uri would yield some
file- or url-exception, right?)
- I included all the required dependent jars, at least I am not getting any
NoClassDefFoundErrors etc. no more

So after checking the jar dependencies and the uri I am actually running out
of ideas here :-/
I am running java 1.5 and vfs 1.0 on mac osx leopard and I compile the whole
thing with eclipse 3.4.1 ganymede

Does anyone have any experience with those kind of problems?

Thank you very much in advance!

Stacktrace:
...*
Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create a
file system manager of class
"org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager".*
    at org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS.createManager(VFS.java:93)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS.getManager(VFS.java:47)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapSchema.load(RolapSchema.java:283)
    ... 10 more
*Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not load VFS
configuration from
"jar:file:/Users/cyril/sw/apache/commons-vfs-1.0/commons-vfs-1.0.jar!/org/apache/commons/vfs/impl/providers.xml".
*
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.configure(StandardFileSystemManager.java:191)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.init(StandardFileSystemManager.java:123)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS.createManager(VFS.java:82)
    ... 12 more
*Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create
file provider of class
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.DefaultLocalFileProvider".*
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.createInstance(StandardFileSystemManager.java:469)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.addProvider(StandardFileSystemManager.java:350)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.configure(StandardFileSystemManager.java:254)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.configure(StandardFileSystemManager.java:187)
    ... 18 more
*Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException*
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.createInstance(StandardFileSystemManager.java:464)
    ... 21 more