commons-user mailing list archives

From "Das, Pranabesh X -ND" <Pranabesh.X.Das....@disney.com>
Subject FTPClient (Apache Commons FTP 2.0) throws Connection reset exception in Mac OS X Tiger
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:14:09 GMT
Hi,

I am using this FTP client library in a java program to access FTP
servers
in my organization's network. The java program runs / uploads /
downloads
files seamlessly when used in Mac OS X Leopard based machines; but fails
when I use it from Mac OS X Tiger based machines.

I am getting an exception of "java.net.SocketException: Connection
reset"
when I am invoking the FTPClient's storeFile(String fileName,
InputStream
is) method.

I have tried setting up the socks-proxy settings, though the program ran
fine without these settings in Mac OS X Leopard based machines.

Sequence of FTP calls in my program (I am omitting the obvious try-catch
blocks and FTP connection checks with getReplyCode):

connect
login
enterLocalActiveMode
setFileType(FTPClient.BINARY_FILE_TYPE)
changeWorkingDirectory
storeFile(String fileName, InputStream is)
listFiles
logout
disconnect

Have anyone faced this problem? Any idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks,
Pranabesh