commons-user mailing list archives

From "Walter, Patrick A" <>
Subject RE: [vfs] Copying byte[] to destination file
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:30:19 GMT
Thanks for your quick response!!!

Ok so I would do some thing like this...

void writeToFile(byte[] data, String outfilename) {
   FileSystemManager fsm = VFS.getManager();
   FileObject outFileObject = fsm.resolveFile(outfilename);
   OutputStream os = outFileObject.getContent().getOutputStream();

Does this look right?
Will this work for all types of file output (FTP, Local, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, et.)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson []
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 12:01 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [vfs] Copying byte[] to destination file

Note that I have added the component ID to the subject

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question.  If I wanted to copy a byte[] to a VFS FileObject
I would use commons-io IOUtils to copy the byte[] to
fileObject.getContent().getOutputStream().  Does this help?

--- "Walter, Patrick A"
<> wrote:

> Trying to find API to send in a byte[] to copy to destination. We
> build a byte[] that would normally be written to a file, BUT I thought
> it would be more efficient to just tell VFS API to send the data to
> the destination.
> Is there a way to do this, besides creating a file first???
> thanks

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: