commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] Status of current snapshot build
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:30:50 GMT
Hi Arjen:

The best approach would be to file Bugzilla tickets for each issue with patches to the code
and unit tests.

You can then wait for the fixes to be reviewed and integrated or discussed. You can then pick
up a nightly-build or build from sources.

Then you can pick up the next release.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Arjen van Staalduinen [mailto:arjen.van.staalduinen@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:09 AM
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: [VFS] Status of current snapshot build

Hello,

We've been making serious use of the VFS in a current project that I work
on, but in the current 1.0 release there seem to be some very nasty
concurrency issues. I've come across some issues in the bugtracking system
that I've also encountered, and a self build snapshot version seems to have
those issues resolved.

Now I'm facing the question if I want to put that snapshot build in a
production environment or remove VFS from our project and rebuild that
functionality with self build code. All my unit tests work fine with the
this snapshot build, but I still need some extra courage:). Can someone
provide me some kind of info that makes my confidence in this snapshot build
grow?

On a related note. From what I've seen it seems like a smart move to atleast
prepare a new release, as the 1.0 build is basicly not usuable in a multi
threaded environment.

Thanx in advance,
Arjen