commons-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] Possible to hook in a different getter/setter naming convention?
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:00:42 GMT
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:13 PM, kennardconsulting
<richard@kennardconsulting.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am enjoying using Commons BeanUtils with all its converters and
> 'foo.bar.baz' path notation goodness.
>
> I was wondering if it was possible to retain this goodness whilst changing
> to a different getter/setter naming convention? Instead of 'getFoo()',
> 'setFoo(x)', I'd like to use 'foo()' and 'foo_$eq(x)' which is the native
> Scala naming convention.

BeanUtils uses Introspector[1] at its heart[2] to discover the
properties of a bean - which is based on the java bean spec and tied
to the get/set naming convention for methods. So if you want to change
this behaviour you would need to start by overriding the
getPropertyDescriptors() method in PropertyUtilsBean

Niall

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/beans/Introspector.html
[2] http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/xref/org/apache/commons/beanutils/PropertyUtilsBean.html#956