commons-user mailing list archives

From Laura McCord <mcco...@southwestern.edu>
Subject fileupload store to external filesystem
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:06:23 GMT
Is there a way to store an uploaded file to an external filesystem? I
have successfully stored files onto the local filesystem but it would be
more effective for me to store it in other places. Many people would ask
why not just run the upload form on the web server that you wish to
store the file. Well, I have written a portlet for my portal system that
includes the fileuploader but this portlet is only a central way to get
profile information from authenticated users so the information that is
captured will be distributed onto other web servers.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to store files to other external servers?

Thanks