commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Hanna" <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Validator 1.4-SNAPSHOT versus 1.3.1 - EmailValidator deprecation
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:26:25 GMT
I was looking through the docs for commons-validator and found that the
default linked docs are to 1.4-SNAPSHOT.  I also saw that the EmailValidator
(linked below) has been redone in the routines package and the previous
version has been deprecated.  Is there a timeline for releasing 1.4?  It
seems like there haven't been changes since around February, 2007, so I
didn't know if I should be linking to 1.4-SNAPSHOT or just using the
EmailValidator in 1.3.1 since it's the current stable release.  It's just a
little confusing because of the deprecation and the default documentation
links to the 1.4-SNAPSHOT docs.

http://commons.apache.org/validator/apidocs/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/package-summary.html#other.email

Thanks,

Jeremy