commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] targetless transitions / event handling / accessing event payload
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:39:26 GMT
On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Jaroslav Pullmann
<jaroslav.pullmann@fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

>  Thank you Raul, using _eventdatamap did help. I'd like to summarize the
> proposed solutions
>  (with JEXL as expression language), please correct them when necessary:
>
>  1) access the simple string content of thze event payload  ?
>
>    <transition event="view" cond="_eventdatamap['view'].text != null">
>
>  2) access XML event payload  via XPath ?
>
>    <transition event="event.bar"
> cond="Data(_eventdatamap['event.bar'].rootdata,'root/one') == 1"/>

<snip/>

Correct, and as I noted, the syntax is subject to change in future
releases (will be more like the original example you posted when we're
done).

>  3) send a subtree of an XML data model along with an event ?
>
>    - first define a local variable holding the required data excerpt via the
> custom action "cs:var"
>      where xmlns:cs="http://commons.apache.org/scxml", since <datamodel> is
> valid only in context
>      of <state>, not within an executable content:

<snap/>

Also correct, though the reason has to do with the nature of
'namelist' -- we need a space-separated list of names so we create
monikers for the XML subtree(s) that will become part of the event
payload.

-Rahul