commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Boyle" <bboyl...@gmail.com>
Subject Commons Configuratio - CDATA in XML
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:42:44 GMT
Hi,

I am loading up a XML file into and XMLConfiguration object but I am getting
an error.

org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Invalid byte 1 of
1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

It appears the my XML is failing to be parsed correctly because I have an
apostrophe in it. However, I have wrapped my XML values in CDATA so this
should normally prevent this from happening. Does Commons Configuration
support parsing XML tags with CDATA in them?
Here is a sample of what my XML is like

<description><![CDATA[doesn't seem to work]]></description>

Thanks

Brian

--
Brian Boyle