commons-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Christian" <robertjchrist...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error with "boolean isMultipart = ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(req);"
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 03:42:53 GMT
I found someone else with the same issue (using fileupload):
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5352575.  They didn't have a
clear resolution, just reported that they "cleaned up."

I reinstalled tomcat6 from scratch and ran the app in standalone (deployed
to tomcat, no eclipse), and the issue persisted.

I verified that $TOMCAT_HOME/lib contains the servlet-api.jar, which
contains the javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest class.

Here's the response:

    HTTP Status 500 -

    type Exception report

    message

it from fulfilling this request.

    exception

    root cause

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest

org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(ServletFileUpload.java:68)
        com.iojunky.core.UploadServlet.doPost(UploadServlet.java:54)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

    note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0.14 logs.

So, Tomcat says it can't find a class that is clearly in the path.  Any
ideas would be helpful.