commons-user mailing list archives

From Rory Winston <rory.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: NNTP Client -> identical headers?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:46:16 GMT
Hi Daniel

Your method looks correct - you are reading a bunch of tab-delimited
lines and parsing the header values from that, which is what the
NNTPUtils class does under the hood. You may find it easier to use the
NNTPUtils::getArticleInfo() method to retrieve the information that you
are currently parsing manually. I should move that class from the
examples package to make that easier.

Possibly the reason for so much duplication is (if it is a binary
newsgroup) articles being posted by an automated process.

Rory

Daniel Penning wrote:
> Hi Rory,
>
> I'm not sure if the header values are correct ;) I'm only wondering why there are so
much headers which are - as described - nearly identical in their values.