commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Dyulgerov <>
Subject Re: DBCP problem with idle object
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 07:32:50 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> Looks like you may not be closing your connections on all control
> paths.  Are you sure there are not exception conditions that could
> cause your close() activations to be missed?
Hello again. I am sure that in every JSP or servlet I am closing thje
connections with the following piece of code:

                pConn.close(); // my connections, gained from the
PoolingDataSource, they are of type Connection
            catch(Exception exc)
                System.out.println("Exception: "+exc.getMessage());
                out.println("Exception: "+exc.getMessage());
MySQL shows opened only one connection when the pool seems to be
working. I dont know what is causing the pool to stop working and giving
the exception. As a result of my further research on the problem on the
Internet yesterday, I am now using the following settings for the pool:

GenericObjectPool.Config config=new GenericObjectPool.Config();

I am going to continue my work on the project, so if the exception shows
again I'll know in a matter of hours. Thanks for your replies.

View raw message