commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [MATH] commons math 2.0 snapshot jars
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 20:55:18 GMT
The move has been done in subversion today by Phil. Now the trunk hosts
the most up to date development line which will become 2.0 later.

Luc

luc.maisonobe@free.fr a écrit :
> ----- "James Carman" <james@carmanconsulting.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:40 AM,  <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
>>> You are right. When development for 2.0 started, we were not sure
>> that if this would be the next version or if a 1.3 could be released
>> before. So we decided to use a branch for 2.0 and the trunk for 1.x.
>> Now it seems there will not be a 1.3 release and the next version will
>> be 2.0, so it would be more straightforward to have 2.0 be the trunk,
>> I agree. I don't think we will switch branch/trunk at this
>> intermediate state. We will more probably finish work on 2.0 and put
>> it back to trunk at release time.
>> Why the reluctance to switch?  With SVN, it's extremely easy to move
>> stuff around.  If "current" development is going on within the 2.0
>> branch, then it should probably be the trunk.  Just move trunk to a
>> release-1-maintenance branch or something and move the 2.0 branch to
>> trunk.
>
> Yes, I know, its only two "svn copy" commands. The rationale for me was mainly that it
was decided some months ago to work on this branch and this is now known by several users.
This was one of the reasons why when I fixed an issue in Jira, I always added the version
numer and the branch of the correction, i.e. MATH_2_0.