commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Dyulgerov <newadmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP problem with idle object
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:33:58 GMT
Hello again group!

Phil: I followed your advice and remove some of the configuration lines
for my pool, here is the configuration i use at the moment:

GenericObjectPool.Config config=new GenericObjectPool.Config();
config.maxActive=15;
config.maxWait=1000;
config.testOnBorrow=true;

and still i get the following error:

"Exception: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle
object SQL Exception Connection is closed. SQLException Connection is
closed."

MySQL shows that there are active 19 connections (19 rows in set (0.00
sec)) as a result of "mysql> SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST\G; "... When i begin
to work on my application (about 3 hours earlier today), there were only
6 connections, and then, at some point they increment to that number (i
am more than sure that no one is using the application besides me, and
all the connections use the same database as my application - so they
have to belong to it, to the pool) My application is running for about 7
hours to this moment after i made the changes and restarted it. Can you
please help me with some suggestions onconfiguring the pool wright... I
am getting pretty desperate by now :( Thanks in advance!

Martin