commons-user mailing list archives

From "Clemens Eberwein" <Clemens.Eberw...@uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Antw: Re: log4j and XMLConfiguraiton
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:32:17 GMT
hi,
thx christian. I'm not using a property file but it works with the appender filter

        ret.setAcceptOnMatch(false);
        ret.setStringToMatch("Loading configuration from"); // ret.setStringToMatch("ConfigurationUtils");
        return ret;

ty, have a nice day
   clemens

>>> "Christian Migowski" <chrismfwrd@gmail.com> 01.12.08 9.07 Uhr >>>
Hi,

not sure if I understood you right, but isn't that something you can
disable easily with log4j config, like in a property file:

log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.configuration=ERROR, AppenderName
log4j.additivity.org.apache. commons.configuration=false

?
regards,
christian!

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Clemens Eberwein
<Clemens.Eberwein@uni-klu.ac.at> wrote:
> hi,
> I am using apache org.apache.log4j.Logger and org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration
in an web app.
> Really nice tools and working just perfect.
> The config file is heavily used to allow the customer to change DropDownLists, defaultfilter....
>
> That's why i need an config object in nearly all of my Servlets an everytime a new XMLConfiguration
object is
> created i have two entries in my logfile which makes it "unreadable".
>
>>> DEBUG commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils                     ConfigurationUtils.locate():
base is null, name is XYZ.xml
>>> DEBUG ommons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils                     Loading configuration
from the path XYZ.xml

> I already tried to set to loglevel to FATAL before creating the conf object and after
creating change back -> unclean solution