commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Penning" <d.penn...@fire-development.com>
Subject Singleton and org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosed
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:06:00 GMT
Hi,

I tried to implement a singleton pattern for my already working lucene
object.

But there is a strange error when I tried to access the instance.

When my Singleton GetInstance() method is executed for the first time it
creates a new instance of my lucene object.

There are some member variables in this object like an IndexWriter and
IndexReader. These objects are created in the constructor and I can
access them directly in the constructor successfully.

GetInstance() now returns this lucene object and I have to execute some
operations on it. But the IndexWriter seems to be closed meanwhile and I
got the exception:

"org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosed    Exception: this IndexWriter is
closed" when my object tries to writer some documents.

How could this happen? Isn't it possible to use lucene with a
singleton-pattern?

Kind regards,

D. Penning