commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Penning" <d.penn...@fire-development.com>
Subject AW: AW: NNTP Client -> identical headers?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:20:23 GMT
Hi Rory,

ok thanks a lot for your reply.
I will take a look to the NNTPUtils-Class and yes, it's a little bit confusing that these
methods are outsourced in another class ;)

Yeah, there is a lot of automation when posting these headers but I'm still wondering about
so much duplicates.
The fact is that these duplicates are not exactly equal, especial their size differ for about
10-20 bytes. Is this size-variance maybe caused by different message-id and so on or describes
the size only the proper value?

My task is to parse the header information and create a set of headers which can be downloaded
later. So there is a problem if I don't know which of the 2 (maybe more) duplicates is the
correct header.

Kind regards,
Daniel

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rory Winston [mailto:rory.winston@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. Dezember 2008 09:46
An: Commons Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: NNTP Client -> identical headers?

Hi Daniel

Your method looks correct - you are reading a bunch of tab-delimited
lines and parsing the header values from that, which is what the
NNTPUtils class does under the hood. You may find it easier to use the
NNTPUtils::getArticleInfo() method to retrieve the information that you
are currently parsing manually. I should move that class from the
examples package to make that easier.

Possibly the reason for so much duplication is (if it is a binary
newsgroup) articles being posted by an automated process.

Rory

Daniel Penning wrote:
> Hi Rory,
>
> I'm not sure if the header values are correct ;) I'm only wondering why there are so
much headers which are - as described - nearly identical in their values.