commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: java.net.bind exception with ports < 1024.
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 07:36:02 GMT

In message <4948C2B3020000090033A73E@victor.provo.novell.com>, "Srijith Kochunn
i" writes:
>         Since I am running as root user, I am thinking that instead of =
>just commenting that out, I think the code should check whether a root =
>user is running the process and then provide appropriate privileges. =
>Please let me know if I am asking this in the wrong forum or list, because =
>I dont seem to be getting any responses.=20

If you want to get the eye of someone actively working on commons-daemon,
you should preface your subject with [daemon] or [commons-daemon].
Most likely, no one working on commons-daemon has noticed your email
because of its subject.  I caught it only because I filter on 'net', looking
for commons-net emails.  Also, if you resend to the commons-dev list and
file an issue report via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON,
in the form of a patch, you're likely to get a quick resolution.

Actually, scratch that.  There already appears to be an unresolved
issue filed already at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-12
You should probably attach to the existing issue a patch that resolves
the issue to your satisfaction, then email commons-dev using [daemon]
in the subject, reference the existing issue, and request that the
patch be applied.

daniel