commons-user mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <>
Subject Re: [CLI] Status?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 17:58:08 GMT
On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 12:32 -0500, wrote:
> What is going on with commons-cli? I haven't seen any announcements or
> even much chatter at all about this package. Is the -2.0 stuff going
> to be rolled back or no? If not, please put out -SNAPSHOT releases to
> the Maven repos for testing. Thanks!
> -jesse

My take on this is that 1.2 is ready to go out as a release candidate
and thence to formal release.  Certainly I am using 1.2-SNAPSHOT
(compiled from my Git repository cloned from the Subversion repository
cli-1.x branch)  with Groovy and am having no problems.  I am guessing
that Emmanuel (who has been shepherding the 1.2 evolution) has not had
the time to do whatever Apache bureaucracy is needed in order for the
release candidate to be blessed and shipped, and the overall release
process roll forward towards the joy of having 1.2 formally available.

Overall it seems that Commons CLI has no future since no-one is
interested in it enough to take it forward.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077

View raw message