commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] commons math 2.0 snapshot jars
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:49:34 GMT
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:40 AM,  <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> You are right. When development for 2.0 started, we were not sure that if this would
be the next version or if a 1.3 could be released before. So we decided to use a branch for
2.0 and the trunk for 1.x. Now it seems there will not be a 1.3 release and the next version
will be 2.0, so it would be more straightforward to have 2.0 be the trunk, I agree. I don't
think we will switch branch/trunk at this intermediate state. We will more probably finish
work on 2.0 and put it back to trunk at release time.

Why the reluctance to switch?  With SVN, it's extremely easy to move
stuff around.  If "current" development is going on within the 2.0
branch, then it should probably be the trunk.  Just move trunk to a
release-1-maintenance branch or something and move the 2.0 branch to
trunk.