commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Possible bug passing _eventdatamap across parallel contexts when event has delay
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 23:33:01 GMT
On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Ingmar Kliche
<ingmar.kliche@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> as far as I am aware commons-scxml does not support basichttp. But it is
> relatively easy to implement e.g. using Jakarta commons httpClient (
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x).

<snip/>

Yup, on both counts :-) If you already have one implemented, and are
so inclined, feel free to contribute a patch to JIRA.

> I think the interesting peace is how to feed back the result of the HTTP
> request into the engine. The dispatcher is independent of the data model
> implementation (i.e. the context). By that I mean the dispatcher don't know
> about the context implementation. Different contexts (may) require to
> represent data differently. For example if the HTTP server returns an XML
> string, how is this string fed into the engine in a generic way (i.e. that
> it works with different contexts)? The JEXL context may require (the
> dispatcher!) to parse the XML string into a Java DOM object and fire it as
> payload of an event into the engine. Whereas another context (which may not
> be capable of XPath) may require (the dispatcher!) to convert the XML string
> into some JSON representation and feed it to the context.
>
> That means the dispatcher needs to convert the data (received from an
> external HTTP server) into an object which is appropriate for the context in
> use. This is somehow dirty.

<snap/>

If anything seems dirty or unclear (as I just said, I agree it needs
more clarity) then the WG needs to be tasked with adding the necessary
details to the working draft. I will try to remember to bring this up
there.

-Rahul

> - Ingmar.

<snip/>