commons-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Campbell" <>
Subject Commons Email - NoSuchMethodError com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:20:37 GMT

I am using Commons Email 1.1 with JavaMail 1.4.1 and Activation Framework 1.1.1

The only documentation I found online about this error was one guy who
had a corrupted jar file. I've redownloaded all three jars multiple
times and I always get the same error. Not sure if there is a checksum
available for them, but I doubt this is the problem... unless a bad
build somehow got published.

When I try to send an e-mail I get the following error (the actual
host is valid and tested via telnet to port 25, xxx here):

Caused by: com.idc.cms.content.syndication.transports.SyndicationTransportException:
org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
following server failed :
	at com.idc.cms.content.syndication.transports.EmailTransporter.sendOne(
	at com.idc.cms.content.syndication.transports.PartnerEmailTransporter.send(
	at com.idc.cms.content.syndication.transports.PartnerEmailTransporter.send(
	at com.idc.cms.content.syndication.transports.PartnerTransportManager.deliverFileToPartnerViaEmail(
	... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email
to the following server failed :
	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(
	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(
	at com.idc.cms.content.syndication.transports.EmailTransporter.sendOne(
	... 29 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(
	at javax.mail.Service.connect(
	at javax.mail.Service.connect(
	at javax.mail.Service.connect(
	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(
	at javax.mail.Transport.send(
	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(
	... 31 more

The code:

		// Create the email message
		MultiPartEmail email = new MultiPartEmail();

		// Finish the configuration
		email.addTo(emailAccount.getAddress(), emailAccount.getName());
		email.setFrom(fromAddress, fromName);

		// Add the attachment

		// Send the email

To unsubscribe, e-mail: