commons-user mailing list archives

From "Con Guy" <my.conject...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] commons math 2.0 snapshot jars
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:13:44 GMT
Thanks Luc. I was looking for the latest version as I wanted to
enhance some of the classes and submit patches. On browsing the
project website, I found this as the SVN checkout URL in the
Developer's Guide page:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/trunk On building
this project, I was getting a jar file with "1.3" in its filename.

Is this the same source code as the one you have given? If I should
submit a patch, should I generate the patch against the trunk (URL I
have given) or MATH_2_0 branch (the URL you have given)?

Also, if MATH_2_0 is the latest development branch, why isn't the URL
to this given in the developer's guide? Wouldn't it be useful if
potential contributors like us to be able to generate the patch
against the latest developmental branch?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM,  <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> The 2.0 version has not been released yet, the last released version is version 1.2.
The 2.0 version is however the most current ont on which developments are done now. The navigation
menu at the left of the site allows to see all versions. The 2.0-SNAPSHOT version is there
together with 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. The first one is clearly marked as SNAPSHOT and the other
ones as released.

> Since lots of new features are added with 2.0, some incompatible changes are introduced,
and since development of Apache projects is done openly, it seemed fair to show the new features
as they are developped. People can comment on them if they wish or require changes before
2.0 is freezed.

> There is however a policy in the commons projects to not provide jars for released versions.
If you need the last version, you have to compile it by yourself. The simplest way is to use
maven 2. Here are the instructions using the command-line "svn" tool as subversion client
and command-line "mvn" :