commons-user mailing list archives

From vupt vupt <vup...@hotmail.com>
Subject Evaluating performance of DBUtils
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:43:26 GMT

Hi,

I came across Commons DBUtils because I was looking for a simple utility
to help with JDBC queries. I am restricted from using any frameworks like
Hibernate, Spring, Ibatis.

So far I have found DBUtils easy to use but I am wondering about the performance of DBUtils.

In googling, I came across this post
that says the performance of DBUtils is not good.
http://chasethedevil.blogspot.com/2007/11/apache-dbutils-completely-useless.html

Can anyone with experience with DBUtils tell me how the performance is
and whether it is a project widely used by applications.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
David