commons-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hughes" <ahhug...@gmail.com>
Subject JXPath and Custom Graphs
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:41:13 GMT
Hi All,
We've got an existing 'graph' of dynamic pojo's. This is effectively a root
node, with sibling child node(S), and inturn they have child node(s) (so
your typical tree/graph). Ideally we would like to run xpath
expression/evalution on our dynamic graph. The objects we're storing do not
meet the beans or dyna beans standard. I know there are a few options here
and to be quite honest I'm not sure which option is the best.

I believe my options are to wrap/store the existing pojo's inside a
bean/dynabean standard wrapping pojo's. Alternatively, I can do some work
that will provide JXPath with the ability to traverse our current 'graph'
and hence evaluate XPath expressions. I would much prefer the second option
(if possible).

Finally there's the gotcha. As our 'graph' is dynamic and just as nodes are
created at runtime they are also destroyed and it would be nice to have
JXPath as an observer (not maintainer) of the graph.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Andrew