commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Streaming API
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 01:50:14 GMT
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Ramesh Rajendran <rameshr@s4carlisle.com>wrote:

> Hello Aapche Group,
>
> I am trying to work with the Streaming API of the Apache commons
> Fileupload. As per the manual I have included the input streams. I want to
> increase the buffer size that will help me to transfer the files more
> quickly. Is there any way to speed up the upload process by increasing the
> buffer size, please advise me on this.

The buffers used for the actual transfer from the client are not the same
buffers that FileUpload uses to process the request. The servlet container
(e.g. Tomcat) buffers the original request by itself, and FileUpload is only
invoked later. So changing the buffer size used by FileUpload will not have
an impact on the actual transfer speed, since it won't affect the transfer
buffer.

--
Martin Cooper