commons-user mailing list archives

From Amitsingh Pardesi <>
Subject Using JCL in Visual Studio 2008
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:51:48 GMT

We are developing a product using Visual Studio 2008. There are 8 - 10 different modules in
the project, each having independent error codes & messages. We are looking for some common
logging mechanism to be used among all modules to serialize logging for the product.

We have looked into log4net & Microsoft's Logging Block APIs. But the problem is that
they are dependent on .NET framework.

Can we use JCL as common logging for projects developed in Visual Studio 2008 with .NET 2.0

Any help will be appreciated.

Searching for the best deals on travel? Visit MSN Travel.