commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Fortner" <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Swing components for Commons Configuration?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:29:35 GMT
Hi Oliver,
This looks like a good start.  I was thinking about something a little more
comprehensive that would allow someone to map configuration items to fields
in forms.  For example, if this was implemented via annotations, you would
be able to decorate items like this:

@Prefs{"/user-prefs[2]", "defaultFolder"}
Preferences defaultFolder = .....

This basically indicates that the object defaultFolder is bound to a field
called "defaultFolder" which is found in a panel called "user-prefs".  The
"user-prefs" panel is a child of the root node of the tree, and is the
second field on the panel.

Ideally, binding an item to a field on a panel would be declarative, and
would obviate the need for property change event handler code -- similar to
the way in which the Beans Binding framework works.

It's probably a little beyond what you had intended, but gives you some idea
of what I'm looking for.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Oliver Heger