commons-user mailing list archives

From "Grimm, Markus" <Gr...@juris.de>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Bug with XMLConfiguration and getString() ...?!
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:53:34 GMT

Hi,

>You have to call setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true) before you load the
>configuration. The processing of list elements is done during parsing of
>the configuration file. This is also mentioned in the Javadocs of the
>setDelimiterParsingDisabled() method.

ok. you're right ... rtfm ...
but there are some other solutions, too ... (if I would look at the api-docs ...)

a) you can set the listDelimiter to another sign
b) you can escape the delimiter sign f.e. <pass>08\,15<pass>

so anyway... it works and thanks for your help.

Markus

Oliver

>     /**
>      * static inner class for SFTP-params
>      */
>     static class SFTPParamObj {
> 	public String host = xml_config.getString("sftp.host");
> 	public String port = xml_config.getString("sftp.port");
> 	public String user = xml_config.getString("sftp.user");
> 	public String pass = getPasswd();
>
> 	/**
> 	 * @return
> 	 */
> 	private String getPasswd() {
> 	    xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true);
> 	    String pass = xml_config.getString("sftp.pass");
> 	    xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(false);
> 	    return pass;
> 	}
>     }
>
> and the result of pass: 08 !!!
> What's wrong ???
>

> Thanks,
> Markus

am sure, that quite everyone will consider this as a bug ... it makes no sense to me either
:-/