commons-user mailing list archives

From "Grimm, Markus" <Gr...@juris.de>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Bug with XMLConfiguration and getString() ...?!
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:21:41 GMT

Hi Oliver,

nice feature, but there are problems ...

a) if you have both, list-entries and simple entries with decollator-signs I think you have
to disable/enable this feature each time ... ok, better than nothing. If there are compatibility
reasons, I agree but...

b) for me it doesn't work as described

f.e. I've got this code ...

    private static XMLConfiguration xml_config;

    /**
     * inits the configuration
     */
    private static void initConfiguration() {

	try {
	    xml_config = new XMLConfiguration(ApplicationContext.class.getResource(APPLICATION_CONFIG));
	} catch (ConfigurationException ex) {
	    ex.printStackTrace();
	}
    }

    /**
     * static inner class for SFTP-params
     */
    static class SFTPParamObj {
	public String host = xml_config.getString("sftp.host");
	public String port = xml_config.getString("sftp.port");
	public String user = xml_config.getString("sftp.user");
	public String pass = getPasswd();

	/**
	 * @return
	 */
	private String getPasswd() {
	    xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true);
	    String pass = xml_config.getString("sftp.pass");
	    xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(false);
	    return pass;
	}
    }

and the result of pass: 08 !!!