commons-user mailing list archives

From "F. Andy Seidl" <fase...@myst-technology.com>
Subject RE: fileupload sizelimitexception
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:24:09 GMT
Hi Paul,

The problem with putting the hidden field at the end of the form is that it
will be sent to your server *after* the other fields.  Your server won't
physically have the hidden field until after it has read the data of all the
other fields, which is too late.  In other words, you can never access data
send *after* the file content without reading all the file content since the
input stream is a not a random access beast.

It seems to me that to ensure you see the hidden field you must either a)
move the hidden field ahead of the other fields or b) read the entire file
content, regardless of its size.

-- fas

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Rivera [mailto:paulrivera22@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:43 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: fileupload sizelimitexception

Thanks for the info!

The hidden field that I need is located just before the end tag of my form.
Relocating it to some part in the beginning will be tough.  It will probably
be a last resort.

I'm wondering if:
  - I could still retrieve all my form fields even though I exceed the size
limit (including parameters before and after my file upload field)
  - even better if I can skip reading the file since its size is already not
acceptable and read only my field parameters from my web app.  Thus saving
some time by not waiting for the upload to complete.

Best Regards,
Paul Rivera