commons-user mailing list archives

From Ken Tanaka <>
Subject Re: DigesterPipelineFactory(URL confURL) Is unable to set ruleset
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:10:13 GMT

The code you point out looks kind of odd, I'm not sure if it needs to be
that way or not, I haven't had a chance to dig very deep. But the code
has been working for me as is.

The error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/RuleSetBase

indicates that you are not getting all the required libraries in your
class path.

I recommend adding the assembly plugin to the pom.xml so the <plugins>
section looks like this

                <!-- Usage: mvn assembly:assembly -->

Create a jar with dependencies with this command (in the trunk directory
where the pom.xml file is)
mvn assembly:assembly

If that builds successfully, then you should have all the required
libraries. Then run with

java -jar target/commons-pipeline-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar