commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Bug with XMLConfiguration and getString() ...?!
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:32:39 GMT
Grimm, Markus schrieb:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> nice feature, but there are problems ...
>
> a) if you have both, list-entries and simple entries with decollator-signs I think you
have to disable/enable this feature each time ... ok, better than nothing. If there are compatibility
reasons, I agree but...
There are two workarounds:
- You can change the character used as list delimiter using the
setListDelimiter() method (or even globally using
AbstractConfiguration.setDefaultListDelimiter()).
- List delimiters in strings can be escaped with a backslash. Your
property value could be changed to "08\,15".

> b) for me it doesn't work as described
>
> f.e. I've got this code ...
>

>     private static XMLConfiguration xml_config;
>
>     /**
>      * inits the configuration
>      */
>     private static void initConfiguration() {
>
> 	try {
> 	    xml_config = new XMLConfiguration(ApplicationContext.class.getResource(APPLICATION_CONFIG));
> 	} catch (ConfigurationException ex) {
> 	    ex.printStackTrace();
> 	}
>     }

You have to call setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true) before you load the
configuration. The processing of list elements is done during parsing of
the configuration file. This is also mentioned in the Javadocs of the
setDelimiterParsingDisabled() method.

Oliver

>     /**
>      * static inner class for SFTP-params
>      */
>     static class SFTPParamObj {
> 	public String host = xml_config.getString("sftp.host");
> 	public String port = xml_config.getString("sftp.port");
> 	public String user = xml_config.getString("sftp.user");
> 	public String pass = getPasswd();
>
> 	/**
> 	 * @return
> 	 */
> 	private String getPasswd() {
> 	    xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true);
> 	    String pass = xml_config.getString("sftp.pass");
> 	    xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(false);
> 	    return pass;
> 	}
>     }
>
> and the result of pass: 08 !!!
> What's wrong ???
>

> Thanks,
> Markus

am sure, that quite everyone will consider this as a bug ... it makes no sense to me either
:-/