commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Bug with XMLConfiguration and getString() ...?!
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:54:50 GMT
Jörg Schaible schrieb:
> Grimm, Markus wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've got the following problem:
>> I've got a xml-config-file with that content:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <config>
>> 	<sftp>
>> 		<host>myhost</host>
>> 		<port>22</port>
>> 		<user>testuser</user>
>> 		<pass>08,15</pass>
>> 	</sftp>
>> </config>
>>
>> In my application I get the info about pass f.e. like this
>>
>> String pass = xml_config.getString("sftp.pass");
>>
>> value of pass: '08' and not '08,15'
>>
>> I know, that ',' is the default-decollator für list-entries,
>> but I think it shouldn't affect the getString()-Method ?!
>> So it might be a bug?!
>
> Actually, it works as designed. getString() delivers the first list entry. And I am sure,
that quite everyone will consider this as a bug ... it makes no sense to me either :-/

> - Jörg

You can disable this behavior by calling
xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true);

That said, I fully agree that the default behavior is confusing - I fell
into this trap more than once myself. For reasons of backwards
compatibility we cannot change this in the 1.x series. But in a 2.0
version I am happy to disable delimiter parsing per default.

Oliver