commons-user mailing list archives

From Ken Tanaka <>
Subject Re: [PIPELINE] Questions about pipeline
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:40:09 GMT
The Pipeline Basics tutorial has now been incorporated into the project
page. Thanks to some help and cleanup from Rahul Akolkar the
documentation submitted was installed quickly. See

Aquator wrote:
> Hi,
> I am playing with pipeline, and I have some questions regarding to usage.
> What is the suggested method of avoiding "traffic-jam" in the pipe? I mean, when a stage
produces results fast, followed by a long-running stage. I will run out of stack space in
large amount of input data.
> Currently, my solution uses the context raise/registerListener methods. The slow stage
notifies it's "feeder" stage, that new data can be processed. Is there any better ideas for
this problem?
> My other issue is about branches. Is there a way to attach separated branches together?
For example, a stage needs input from two different branches. Is there any solution to apply
a synchronized data flow? (Lets say I have two branches, one produces A-s, and the other produces
B-s. I want a stage, that is being fed by those two branches, and produces a sequence of ABABAB...)
Is there an implementation for such behaviour?