commons-user mailing list archives

From Ken Tanaka <Ken.Tan...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: [PIPELINE] Questions about pipeline
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:40:09 GMT
The Pipeline Basics tutorial has now been incorporated into the project
page. Thanks to some help and cleanup from Rahul Akolkar the
documentation submitted was installed quickly. See

http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/pipeline/pipeline_basics.html

-Ken

Aquator wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing with pipeline, and I have some questions regarding to usage.
>
> What is the suggested method of avoiding "traffic-jam" in the pipe? I mean, when a stage
produces results fast, followed by a long-running stage. I will run out of stack space in
large amount of input data.

> Currently, my solution uses the context raise/registerListener methods. The slow stage
notifies it's "feeder" stage, that new data can be processed. Is there any better ideas for
this problem?

> My other issue is about branches. Is there a way to attach separated branches together?
For example, a stage needs input from two different branches. Is there any solution to apply
a synchronized data flow? (Lets say I have two branches, one produces A-s, and the other produces
B-s. I want a stage, that is being fed by those two branches, and produces a sequence of ABABAB...)
Is there an implementation for such behaviour?