commons-user mailing list archives

From sim123 <sim3...@gmail.com>
Subject File Upload and request parameters
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:10:38 GMT

Hello,

I am using FileUpload for multipart request handling, my request
contains three different parameter and one file, I want to read those
parameters first and then read the file as those paramters construct
directory where this file needs to be stored, here is the code

protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException {
               int dir1 = 0 ;
               int dir2 = 0 ;
               int dir3 = 0;
               String uploadLocation = null;
               String fileName = null;
               // parse request
               if(ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request)){
                       ServletFileUpload upload = new ServletFileUpload();
                       try {
                               FileItemIterator iterator =
upload.getItemIterator(request);
                               while(iterator.hasNext()){
                                       FileItemStream item =
iterator.next();
                                       String name = item.getFieldName();
                                       InputStream stream =
item.openStream();
                                       if(item.isFormField()){
                                               if("dir1".equals(name)){
                                                       dir1 =
Integer.parseInt(Streams.asString(stream));
                                               }else
if("dir2".equals(name)){
                                                       dir2 =
Integer.parseInt(Streams.asString(stream));
                                               }else
if("dir3".equals(name)){
                                                       dir3 =
Integer.parseInt(Streams.asString(stream));
                                               }
                                               uploadLocation =
server_url+File.separatorChar+tenantId+File.separatorChar+collectionId+File.separatorChar+rowId
;
                               new File(uploadLocation).mkdirs();
                                               }else {

System.out.println("File field" + name + "with file name" +
item.getName());
                                                       fileName =
item.getName();
                                                       //perform file
storing operations

                               File uploadedFile = new
File(uploadLocation+File.separatorChar+fileName);

                               FileOutputStream outputstream = new
FileOutputStream(uploadedFile);
                               long number = Streams.copy(testStream,
outputstream, true);
                               System.out.println("result from outpoutstream
operation" + number);
                                       }

                               }

                       } catch (FileUploadException e) {
                               // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                               e.printStackTrace();
                       } catch (IOException e) {
                               // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                               e.printStackTrace();
                       } catch(NumberFormatException e){
                               e.printStackTrace();
                       }
               }

   }

however for some reason FileItem is being read first so I can not
store this file at desired location it is (/usr/sim/0/0/0/filename),
can some one please suggest how can I make sure that I read form item
first then file items.

I do appreciate all the help and time. Thanks

-sim